My Amazon Store

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Another week with more good news and progress being made!

Another week, another therapy session and more evaluating done.
This time I completed 4 timed activities.
Improvements on all 4!
Oh joy of joys.
Especially, since I went in tired and struggling.
The very first one, my eyes and brain were struggling it out.  It was hard work.  The frustrating thing is I know the "old me" wouldn't have struggled or thought it was hard at all.  At first there was a concern about doing it on a day when I felt "off."  But I wanted to know how I would do on a bad or semi-bad day, not just on a good day.
So we proceeded.
That first "test."  I improved my score.  I really improved my score.
I struggled through it.  I was able to explain to her what was hard and she referenced other test scores and said it completely made sense.  Regardless, I improved.  Significantly, amazingly, exceedingly beyond imagination improvement.  I could only smile and cup my hands over my tears.  The joy.  The inner fist pumping in my heart.  Tears not yet spilling.  My therapist was ecstatic she could not wait to score my efforts.  It was a "see how much you can do in this many minutes" evaluation... I doubled my efforts!  Huge!
So onto the next 3 evaluations.  They involved reading aloud.  Immediately, I knew it went better.  Even though I could tell my eyes were working hard, I wasn't struggling to read aloud (say the numbers) as I have in the past.  Speaking can be such a challenge sometimes.  I knew my times had improved.  I will get my scores next week.  My times were fast enough to get me on the chart my therapist believed.  I have been less than 1% each time tested but with faster times.  It looks like, I have made it to the "Top 100" chart this week.  May not be passing yet, but improving.  I will take it and celebrate it.  Looking forward to next week.
I started writing down times to refer to on days when I am feeling discouraged.  Just a reminder things are moving along in the right direction.
My therapist was concerned to tell me that I wasn't "passing" yet.



I told her it was all good.
It was affirming to hear and see the progress.  To hear and see truth laid out.
There has been so many hard and hurtful words over the last 3 years since the accident.
So many unknowns.
Looking at where I was and seeing how far I have come, only confirms the faith and knowledge that rests in my heart.
When I have a bad day and struggle more than "normal."  When the seeds of doubt and fear try to take root and have a voice, I have some truths to remind myself of... I am progressing. I am improving.  It is measurable.  It is documented.  Today might be hard.  Tomorrow is another day.  I am learning and growing through this in ways I never expected.
She topped it all off and told me, as time passes anytime, if I need to see the numbers I need only ask.  She is willing to encourage me with my scores as needed.  My heart swelled and filled my throat.  Kindness and compassion pouring out and over, healing the wounds from words carelessly spoken.  Blessed so deeply by my Heavenly Father by placing these people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment