My Amazon Store

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas memory for the books...

Teenagers are a special breed. 
Humor. 
Creativity. 
Old enough to really do some stuff. 
Stuff that can be entertaining to boring old adults. 

They are also extremely hard to shop for sometimes. 
One particular teenager only wanted money and gift cards for Christmas. 

Ah gee... That is extremely fun to wrap says a mom.
  
Then a sister, decides it is very fun. 

With 5 kids and most too young to have jobs to earn money, 
I encouraged them to draw names many years ago.  
They have big hearts and want to shop for their siblings and this reduced some of the stress.  

So a certain sister drew her teenage older brother's name.  
Enlisted me to help, since she doesn't drive solo yet. 

The mission:  Collect as many gift card envelopes as possible. 
 Preferrably from girly stores. 
Since he wants gift cards or money, so be it. 
The next step... 15  ~ $1 bills.  
(The spending budget for the drawing was $15)
Each dollar tucked into an envelope.  
All of them in a gift bag.  


A few of the envelopes went missing.  
The best part was, 
he was with me the day I ran in and out of the doors to collect 
some of the envelopes! 
He drove me around and kept the car and the driver's seat warm for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment