My Amazon Store

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 1st ~ Mom strikes again

I don't always do something on April first.  Actually, over the years I have dreaded the day.  Specifically grateful for homeschooling and the lack of awareness on my kiddo's part most of the time.  The kitchen sink prank has been done so many times, that I fail to laugh and struggle to not be grumpy.  Rubber banding the spraying so someone gets wet just isn't funny the 4th, 5th, 6th year in a row.  I have already showered thank you very much and wet clothes are uncomfortable and I just have too much to do for all this mess... Yep, my sense of humor is really lacking on April Fool's Day.

That is until this year.  I stayed up late.  Way too late.  I have no idea what got into me.  Not one bit.  It started with potatoes because sometimes potatoes have eyes.  I just couldn't resist and kept thinking how much my mom would have thought it was funny.  Then as I started quietly laughing, I just couldn't stop.



So I did the cookie container...because someone is always watching.... and Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? and I am always telling the kids they will get caught...


What could be more crazy fun then opening the refrigerator for breakfast and finding this: 






Or heading to the table and seeing this in the dining room...


Or staggering into the bathroom first thing in the morning.  


Apparantly, this was an epic fail on my part.  Because the bathroom mirror terrified not one, but 3 kids, though one of the 3 did laugh and the fourth was just annoyed.  One of the 2 non-laughing terrified kids immediately started thinking there was a murderer in the house and apparantly it was a "middle of the night" visit to the bathroom and just too freaky!  The other one cried every time the googly eyes were discovered.  So very creeped out and not having any fun.


However, the one that was scared initially and laughed.... fully embraced the googly eyes and when discovered this expressed great joy!



Then this child discovered these items and was in love!! A notebook adopted from the discard pile, and a favorite pen.  So 1 out of 4 is not so bad.



Everyone eventually settled down.  The eyes made me so happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment