My Amazon Store

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Purposeful silence and still counting the joy!

Blogging is so difficult these days.
There is much going on.
With the divorce still in process and hearts raw in my home, the need for silence and privacy is profound.
Even personal triumphs are difficult to share.
While many would understand and rejoice, there are those who would/could twist and contort my words against me.
Silence has been and continues to be my friend.
Choosing to believe in the knowledge that my God knows and sees.
There is a time to speak and a time to be silent.
Discerning which to do is the challenge.
What we are rejoicing in these days:

  • we fixed the exhaust fans in the bathroom! 
  • a dishwasher we replaced and installed with help from a friend, last fall.  (The last couple of weeks, just recognizing what a blessing it is again to have a working dishwasher.)
  • the kindness of strangers
  • the many suprising ways God blesses us:  scholarships, words of encouragement, perfectly timed sales and coupons, placing us on the minds of others and in their own obedience reaching out... needs met before they were known.  
  • soccer team of boys that are a good fit for one another  
  • sunshine-y days and being able to get outside 
  • the gift of free movie downloads from friends
  • personal creativity 
  • God appointed conversations that yield much needed wisdom before it is needed
  • essential oils that just smell and feel so good while rubbing into sore muscles
  • a crocus that bloomed where none had bloomed in 10 or so years! 
  • much needed moisture in the form of Easter snow! 
  • early spring garden taking off 
While choosing silence and focusing on the gifts of the moment, I have done a lot of pondering.  What would I type and for what purpose?  Am I prepared for any back lash that could come my way? There have been plenty of moments when away from technology a post comes to mind.  Thoughts on what we are learning.  Funny quoteables.  The next moment happens and then another.  More often than not, the memory of those posts pass just as quickly as the days do.  My hope is that the kids will remember me as being present in their day to day even if I did get photographed, or journaled, or blogged or facebooked.  

And in moments like these when a snuggle was needed, the non-furry children and furry children will feel loved because I chose them over my typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment