My Amazon Store

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Proud to be learning!

One of the greatest lessons taught in our homeschooling is learning is constant.
Sometimes I learned it once and never used it and then I get to re-learn so I can teach it.
Learning to teach is a whole new level of learning.

It happens in more subjects of life than just Algebra, History, English, Geometry and Science.

In the last year, I have learned a lot.
I decided to start taking an inventory of the lessons I have learned:
  • to extend grace to myself.  A lesson I revisit a lot.
  • being 'broken' is not all bad, God gets to shine more through all the cracks that exist.
  • to function in my kitchen and home differently, so I can complete tasks more efficiently.
  • to fix a toilet.
  • how to unclog a sink.
  • how to wipe a hard drive clean and reload it
  • how to install a dishwasher.
  • how to take my dryer apart.
  • to establish boundaries and to more than survive the push back that happens.
  • how to replace light bulbs for my car's headlights.
  • to advocate for myself better.
  • to say I am doing the best I can.
  • understanding and compassion helps in the giving of grace, it doesn't mean rescuing from consequences
  • there are people who love and like me just because I am a person fearfully and wonderfully made of God.
  • there are people who accept me as I am at any given moment.
  • there are people who love and accept a person as is and not on the basis of performance or what they can get from the interaction.
  • while it is difficult to be in a place of not doing for others, that place is beautiful because it reveals the truth in the foundation of my relationships.  Are the relationships performance based, or person based?
  • to extend even more grace to others.
  • just how much God shows up in my life, how often He greets me and loves me through a perfect stranger.
  • forgiveness is how we save ourselves from the poison of sin
  • Godly boundaries enable us to guard our hearts, they help us to protect our hearts from bitterness
  • to mow the yard and weed eat.
  • to take apart bunk beds and put them together.
  • to inspire my children to ask questions and think for themselves beyond the class room texts.
  • clean my computer hard drive and return it to factory settings and reload software!
  • to take the tires off a bicycle and replace them (front and back)!
  • what to do when a door and a door frame don't quit line up anymore and the door won't "latch" when shut.
  • what to do when a porch settles and the railings need to be "anchored"
  • what to do when the settling around the house causes water to leak into the basement
  • to rest and not overdo  (a lesson I still revist a lot!.. hard to not do)
  • a "race" not won can still be a victory
  • a "race" lost is not a reflection of effort
  • it is unkind and unloving to protect someone from consequences.
  • enabling behavior interferes with another's relationship with God.  Consequences are sometimes necessary to get someone's attention and heart back to God.
  • a divorce doesn't mean a person didn't try hard enough or work hard enough
  • sprinkler systems and spring prep work
  • laptops store static electricity and how to get rid of it.
  • there is a very fine line between legalism and following the examples of God and Jesus and it is very easy to find your self on the side of legalism
  • rest is critical
  • God knows.... He knows it all and He judges accordingly.  He knows when we were ignorant of what we were doing, and He knows when we are knowingly disobedient and rebellious.  He knows.
  • how to put a dryer back together
  • what to do to prevent a dryer lint fire from happening
  • God does see
  • God sometimes isolates and insulates us to protect us from the hurtful ignorance of others, they really just don't know and understand and in Jesus words, "They know not what they do."
It is a hodge podge of lessons.  The order is just as ra  ndom as they were experienced.  Life has a tendency to be that way.  It just happens.  While God is a God of order, life and people can be strangely predicatably unpredictable.  Through it all each one of us have a choice.  We can allow life to make us bitter or better.  We can seek to learn and grow through each and every situation and seek to be more like our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus or not.  


No comments:

Post a Comment