My Amazon Store

Monday, February 22, 2016

Breakfast fun with the kids ** 2 dozen for 2-22 **

I have a love hate-relationship with donuts.
Love donuts.
Then I became a mom.
So not a fan of sugar high crazed kids.
But a late run to the grocery store last night and seeing these beauties marked down... and something came over me.
I was planning to just walk out with plain glazed.. and then I saw the chocolate.
Before I knew what was happening both boxes in the cart!
My kids know my feelings about donuts.
Donuts on a school morning translates into school work getting done issues.
The questions and shock were not disguised.
Without missing a beat, I looked at them and said, "Don't you know what tomorrow is?"  while getting dinner on the table.
The blank looks and quizzical looks.  I just don't know where this all came from, it was out of my mouth before my brain even knew what was happening.  A quick look at the calendar.  Tomorrow is 2-22.  We needed to have 2 dozen.  Happy 2-22 everyone!!

Then we prayed and had our chicken enchiladas.

This morning, I heard commotion about cereal.  Kids were eating cereal.  I said nothing.
About an hour into the morning my "wake up and eat later" kid asked if he could have a donut.
Jaws hit the floor.  Kids were saying, you know what mom thinks about donuts, you have to eat something else before you can have a donut!  I just looked at them. Because I was on the verge of saying "Yes! have a donut!"  Just don't know what alien has overtaken me.  I just hope the kids don't get used to it and expect the alien to stay.  Instead of allowing the alien to speak, I said have a yogurt or cereal and then have at the donuts!

They all went running for donuts.. It was a 2-22 score for this mom! They must be growing up because the sugar high isn't keeping them from their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment