My Amazon Store

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Finding creative ways to show my teens I love them

Sometimes it is just the little things.  Then sometimes it is the silly and frivolous things.

Last summer we learned there were people who would post it another person's car!  
The news and then seeing cars done was just a bit shocking for this frugal momma! 

Didn't they know how expensive post it notes could be??  

Especially to only be blown away and trashed and not used beyond prankstering?? !! ?? 

My practical side can be a bit of a buzz kill sometimes. 

So I often just keep my lips zipped. 
In all honesty though, post it notes are far easier to deal with than shoe polish. 
Especially in Kansas heat. 

Then one day, something possessed me.  A goofy, silly, overwhelming sense came over me.  
It started with activating the sticky notes on one teenager's computer.  I was just going to leave one little note that said "I love you."  And then I was taken over by creativity....
and silliness... 
and oneriness...

All I can say, is there is a limit to how many sticky notes that can be "placed" on a laptop screen!! 


I had a blast arranging the colors.
One teenager knew what I was up to... and immediately declared, "I am not involved!" and then proceeded to laugh and joke about it while I went to work.  

This is what my teenager discovered:


Yes, 2 layers of digital sticky notes!  Hee hee.  



Deodorant?  Under wear? Seriously MOM? 
But of course, what else does a mom say on a regular basis?  Be safe.  Call.  Play nice with others.  I will find out one way or the other so choose wisely.
But none of those seemed quite fitting and I had to choose my word count carefully.  Like I said there is a limit to the number of sticky notes being allowed on the screen.  

Afterwards, the colors reminded of us of conversation hearts.  Perfect, considering what month it is.  
Best part, the only thing wasted is minutes and energy in having to delete every single one of those notes... 


No comments:

Post a Comment