My Amazon Store

Monday, February 22, 2016

Spring Fever in February

We have a touch of Spring Fever these days.  This past week we have had temperatures that have hit 79 degrees!

On this Monday, I decided to head outside for a little bit.  I multi-tasked! (Multi-tasking like I once did is a thing of history for me.)  Multi-tasking has become the family joke around here.  I stocked up on some Vitamin D,  Decided to get me a sunny disposition for the afternoon.  AND since the boys had started tying the string for the raised beds, I started planting the cool weather plants.  Peas, carrots, onions, spinache and lettuce.

We have been accumulating a variety of seeds for indoor science experiments and not one to waste anything, we are experimenting out doors now.  Hopefully, we will end up with some tasty treats from the garden. The boys did great cleaning out last year's dead leftovers and the weeds.  They even pulled the asparagus out.  So sad.  Sure hoping, some of it managed to remain hiding under the soil.  I did discover some and replant.  Only time will tell.

This is the first year I have ever planted anything this early outside.  After a trip to the nearby garden center (just across the road..sort of, from us) to purchase some of the seeds for experiments and chatting with them, we discovered they recommended planting peas the last week of February.  So I am looking forward to see if we have better luck this year with these items.




No comments:

Post a Comment