My Amazon Store

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Money Saving Tips: Making my phone work for me ~ ibotta



Ibotta was my first money saving/rebate app I tried.

It has a wide variety of shopping options.
Clothing, Groceries, Sporting Goods, Restaurants, Gifts, etc.

I primarily use the grocery offerings.  However, I have taken advantage of the other offerings periodically.  Especially during holiday shopping and back to school.

I try to "unlock" rebate offers while at home and my phone is on wi-fi.  I don't sweat it too much if I am out and need to "unlock" one for that trip because I do try to do as many as possible when at home.  Unlocking offers is as simple as clicking on the offer or letting it play a 15 sec. video, or answering a question.  It just depends.

While in the store, I have learned to use the "check product's barcode."  This will do 2 things.  It will let you know that you are selecting the correct item for earning the rebate. A few times, I tried to redeem at home and released I grabbed the wrong variety or size. It also, marks it as "bought".  After you have shopped and purchased your items, you will have to scan/photograph your receipt with your phone.  You will also have to scan bar codes for some items.  If this is already done in store, you need to only make sure each item is selected before continuing on with the submission.

The best part about Ibotta are the offerings of "any brand" items.  Dairy products including milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt.  Bread.  Produce.  Meat.  Standard dry goods: pasta, sauce, etc.  Occassionally if you purchase a branded item that has a rebate being offered and there is an any brand offering, you will be rewarded both.  My favorite example is Ragu sauce and any brand pasta sauce!

Bonuses are offered each month.   Some bonuses are for the number of times you redeem a specific rebate.  Additional savings above and beyond!  There are team bonuses as well.  Your team is based on whether you link your Ibotta account with Facebook and if you have any friend on Facebook using Ibotta or referrals. Bonuses are awarded based on the number of redemptions and/or the dollar amount earned in redemptions.  Depending on how active you and/or your team are in redeeming offerings, these bonuses can quickly add up.

Even better, Ibotta rebates are based on the actual purchase of the item. Presently, it is possible to purchase the item with the use of manufacturer deals/coupons and still receive the rebate.  So it is just another way to maximize savings.

Please consider using my referral links (through out this posting) and here.
Ibotta's referral program :  Get $5 when you invite friends using your referral code!  Each person who signs up and redeems their first rebate will get $10, and you'll get $5.

The app is free.
Earnings can be deposited into Paypal or Venmo or redeemed as gift cards.
There is a minimum $20 for deposits and a $25 minimum for gift cards.
Again, the great part is there is a tremendous flexibility in what you do with your earnings.

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment