My Amazon Store

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Big Boys Don't Cry

I love hanging out all day with my kids.
I never know what will get asked or discussed.
My kids have amazing hearts, thoughts and ideas.
This morning I am listening to Rich Mullins on my phone.
Growing Young (Songs 2 album) was on.
My youngest suddenly asked, "Did he just say "Big boys don't cry?"  Cause that is a lie!
Love this boy!
I said you are right.
Big boys do cry sometimes, but it used to be a common thought that was taught to boys.
He was incredulous.
Him: That is impossible.  Everyone cries.  Babies cry all the time.
Me: Yes, but that is why they say big boys.
Him:  Still impossible, because everyone cries at least 4 times when they are big! At least once as a baby, once as a kid, once as a teenager and once as an adult.  People cry when they get sad or hurt.

My heart is full.  So grateful for the fact, my sons are not growing under this teaching.  So grateful this son is confident in who he is and feels free to express himself openly.

Grateful for these moments to talk about lyrics, life and personal insights with my 9 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment