My Amazon Store

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Much to be grateful for


This weekend's harvest.  My youngest likes to run and check the garden.  Last night he brought me a handful of tomatoes.  Today as I chatted on the phone for a few minutes, I picked what I could hold in my other hand and in my skirt.  Skirts and Aprons are so handy!  

This week:


  • I learned I can roll Register Rewards at Walgreens!!  WOoHOo! Let even more savings begin.  
  • I took a little extra time in my list making and planned my CVS purchases so I could "roll" my ECB and spend less out of pocket.  My children were with me and thoroughly impressed! 
  • I spent less time on "organizing" my lists and planning.  Partly because life got a bit busier as I have had to redirect chunks of each day to new routines. Instead, I started slipping my notes in to pocket sleeves in a binder.  While not the most "pretty" looking organization when I headed out, I had everything I needed and scored the deals that were available. 
  • I have spent less time in the yard because of heat, but I am enjoying just looking at the progress we have made in reclaiming gardens from the years I haven't been able to be outside
  • I learned that even though I did check gutters earlier in the spring, one did become clogged and was contributing to our drainage issue.  One hose and not even 2 minutes and it was cleared and flowing freely!  
  • I shared with my kids what a 20 thing fling boogie was...they laughed but loved it!  Certain memories pop up every once in a while and I shared with them my season with Fly Lady and explained that many of the phrases I use with them I learned during that season with Fly Lady.
Late nights by the lake and "party crashing" friends =  spontaneous joy and lots of love and hugs with a handful of fish to be taken home to be cleaned.

I am so grateful for 2 teenagers, one boy and one girl eager and excited to learn new things...even cleaning fish!  They both volunteered to clean fish after that fishing trip.  The adults were tired and wanted to toss them back.  

Grateful for kids who appreciate their mom's frugal nature and ask questions and join in on the savings fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment