My Amazon Store

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Walmart Savings!

Did you know that Walmart Price Matches?

I did.

But did you know that Walmart Price Matches produce in the grocery department?!?

I do now.
The last several weeks life has been hectic and my normal schedule has been disrupted and going to the military commissary has not been a feasible option.  It is a 20 minute drive for us one way and is something I tend to tack onto a day with appointments closer to the base.  While 20 minutes doesn't seem that long to some, it is a chunk of time and when life is full 40 minutes for a round trip doesn't work well, especially when there are 6 Dillons and Walmarts all within 10 minutes of your home and one of those surely aligns with one of the many routes taken throughout the week.

So this past month I have been taking in the Aldi's and Dillon's ad into Wal-mart and learning the ropes of price matching produce and pairing up with the rebates on my phone apps.  Life is changing and this option is so encouraging in this season of so much change and busy-ness.  To be able to stay closer to home and shop and save money is a luxury I could not imagine but my Heavenly Father knew and is teaching me.  I am so grateful for all the ways He shows me in my quest to be a good steward of the funds He provides my family.

The produce has to be packaged similarly and similar in type.  Red grapes - Red grapes.  4 pack corn cob in packaging, has to be pre-packed, can't be in the shuck yourself bin.  Red delicious apples - Red delicious apples and so forth.  Mango-Mango.  Oh what fun it can be!  Turned into a treasure hunt of matching up and comparing the price, because the store ads don't always show the same items.  My kids are super motivated because they are all big produce eaters.  I think it is their favorite aisle, maybe second only to the meat department or the ice cream freezer section.

My other discovery has been the Wal-mart app for my phone.  There is a tab within the app called "savings catcher".  I just scan the code at the bottom of my receipt and within a few days I find out if there were better prices elsewhere.  Walmart actually scans and compares for me.  If there was a better price, I am "refunded" the difference.  I can load the difference onto a gift card to use.  So when life gets hectic, I don't have to franticly worry about chasing the best deal down all over town.  Price Matching and Savings Catcher is helping me save, save and stay in budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment