My Amazon Store

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Starting Over


This has been a year of relearning.
There are lots of things I have had to relearn how to do.   Occasionally, something comes along and I find there is yet another thing I need to relearn.  It is a good thing I like to learn.
It can get a little overwhelming at times.
My relearn/redo list includes:
Learning to create and follow routines, plan and organize.
Learning to budget, coupon and deal hunt again.
Learning to cook again.
Learning to pace myself.
Learning to Faithfully Lean into my Heavenly Father 24/7.
Learning to read more “efficiently” and smoothly.
Learning to respect the signs my body gives me that it is time to take a break, (part of pacing myself).
Learning to speak up and share what is “going on” so others can be of help.  So I can receive the assistance I need and get answers. 
Learning to swim again.
Learning to give up a life of multi-tasking.
Learning to accept my “new” self and not compare to what I was before.
It isn’t so much relearning from scratch, because I can pull up memories of doing these things.  It is learning how to do them in my present “condition.”  I use to be able to multi task in a big way. Not so much anymore.  If I try to do anything while cooking, well it is best to get the fire extinguisher out, find the bowls, because we are having cereal.  I am fortunate if I am able to wash dishes while in the kitchen cooking dinner.  Whatever, you do, don’t engage me in conversation, I will forget there is anything cooking, until the smoke detector goes off.   It isn’t uncommon for me to face a “new” situation and just be blank.  Fortunately, most things get repeated through life and I have enough life experience, I just ask myself to think about how I used to do it.  From there I try to move forward.
So as I learn to embrace this new life I am encountering, I am starting a new blog. 

Hopefully some of the things I am learning and rediscovering will be of help to others along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment