My Amazon Store

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Counting my blessings

Things yellow:
"wild" sunflower in my vegetable garden 
cherry tomatoes (yellow variety) ripening 
the gardens full of  Black Eyed Susans throughout the city..they just make me smile! 
sunny, hot days and trips down the lazy river at the pool (getting to chat with my oldest son)

clearance flowers (again) ~ they make all of us smile
new friends
repaired steps 
health
gardens being reclaimed after several years of neglect and the lessons being learned...

Things curled: 
my hair, after years of stick straight, my hair has become curly/wavy naturally!
the sweaty locks of boys
children curled up reading books

random blessings to add:
Kindhearted man behind the counter at the ice cream place.  His friendliness and chattiness changed the tempo of my day and my heart.
Lazy kitties that are at a loss due to rain, don't want to be in, don't want to be out.
Worms, fish hooks, unexpected company on the dock, good conversation, laughter and smiles
Sometimes honesty reveals critical natures that sting, other times unexpected grace and tenderness is experienced,
Hugs
Hugs
Hugs
Can't say enough about hugs, they are a blessing
Thunderstorms
Wild pumpkins sprouting from the compost bin! Seeds that escaped last year and have managed to produce a beautiful orange pumpkin almost ready for the picking.


No comments:

Post a Comment