My Amazon Store

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Living frugally with a desire to give and bless others

I am an extreme couponer to a degree.
My kids joke I should be on the tv show. 
I shake my head in disagreement. 
My motivation is different and my methods are scattered and disorganized. 

I love the deals. 
There is a thrill in the savings and getting much for paying little.
It would be easy for it to go to far, to have more than could be used and dates come and go and things expire and have to be discarded. 
For me though, there is blessing in the couponing and deal seeking. 
Maybe a little justification for the internal thrill and adrenaline boost as well, just being honest. 
I want to give.  I want to give generously.  I want to give good gifts and bless those around me.
Yet, financially that is not always feasible.


However, I learned years and years ago, couponing could help me in giving. 
I can coupon and do the deals and get free/cheap toiletries and groceries, diapers, clothing and so on. 
Agencies don't care if you couponed.  They don't care if you paid full price.  Neither do the people in need.  Many people are busy just trying to get through each day and just can't take on one more thing, including couponing.  
There have been seasons like that for myself.  I put away the coupon scissors and box, and didn't visit the couponing websites.  Life is full of seasons. 
I am in a new season.  Couponing is needed.  My children enjoy the "fruits" of my labor.  I find joy in being able to bless them and others. 

Couponing is as hard or as easy as you make it. It can be a full time job and extremely time consuming.  Extreme couponing does have a learning curve which can be time consuming, but it does get easier.  Finding a balance, especially when experiencing the thrill of a successful shopping trip is important.  I find keeping in my mind the purpose for each item I am getting helps.  Will this be something I donate?  Is this something that will bless me or a loved one?  Is the out of pocket cost something I can justify today?   When I use my rebate apps, I have to remind myself sometimes these fail and if it fails today, will it create a hardship later?  My oldest is 19, so I have been at this parenting thing for a while.  So I know seasons, come and go and repeat.  I know Christmas time comes and there are "trees" at church for presents to go to various charities and organizations.  There is Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes.  There are friends, teachers, and gift exchanges, (White elephant, secret santa..) etc, etc.  I keep this in mind.  Recently, I took advantage of a diaper deal.  I don't need diapers.  Not at all.  Yet, the deal was amazing.  It helped me out in the end at the register, and I knew how I could use those diapers to bless others.  My kids' eyeballs were priceless when they saw the diapers.  What aren't you telling us MOM??  I laughed.  The minimal cost was so worth the laughter and will definitely be worth the blessing received by others later.  

Here are some of the blogs I follow online and on facebook.  They have helped me in the learning process and continue to help me as I try to keep a balance in life between living life and making memories and meeting the needs of my family.  

this link will take you to current back to school deals happening right now! 


has been valuable in helping me learn how to make the most of the CVS deals

More help in learning about CVS 

The search engine I use to earn points and print coupons.  I trade those points in for gift cards.  Currently, I have been meeting my goal to earn a $25 gift card a month!  That will really help come Christmas time.  If you sign up through my link, I do receive referral credit.




No comments:

Post a Comment