My Amazon Store

Friday, August 14, 2015

Been Creative? Art for Kids Hub

Last year or the year before, this poster idea was floating around on facebook.  I have some really awesome friends that peruse pinterest and then they share the gems!  I am truly grateful for their efforts.

BORED Free Printable 5x7

Last summer I duplicated this for my home!

This year, I borrowed the concept and "assigned" specific elements as part of daily chores.  The rule was do not ask me for anything or to go anywhere until these 12 things are done each day!  Each child's list looked a little different depending on age. The goal was to carve out about 3 hours for myself.  They could self direct and I could work somewhat uninterrupted.  For "Be Creative" I found on Money Saving Money a free calendar link for art for June.  Sent the link to my daughter to help direct her brothers.  She likes all sorts of things artsy!  Again my goal was to be able to work uninterrupted for a few hours.





She took over, happily.  The first project they did was draw Olaf from Frozen.  It has been history making since then.  Art for Kids Hub is amazing.  And a little bit annoying.  I have 2 kids that are loving this website.  Their work is breaktaking and mind blowing.  I am in awe at how much they have learned and grown in their artistic ability.  The annoying bit, is it is all that my youngest wants to do now.  He has become enthralled!  First thing in the morning he wants to start drawing.  All day, he wants to draw.  He even asks to take the computer everywhere so he can keep on keeping on with the drawing.  I find myself questioning my frustration.  He isn't watching tv.  He isn't glued to a video game.  His creativity is being challenged and he is developing new skills.  However, there is a time and place for everything and we are learning to apply this concept..

Samples of his work:




No comments:

Post a Comment