My Amazon Store

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Filling an hour...

In July, there was no more Wednesday night activities at church.  Just for the month.  Each Wednesday it rained.  The day cooled off.  I know this not because I chart the weather.  But each Wednesday as the temps dropped, we headed to the lake to fish with my dad.  He just can't be out in the heat.  He is on oxygen and hot temperatures make it extremely difficult to breathe, even on oxygen.  The church schedule has resumed and the rain and/or cooler temperatures continue on Wednesdasy.  It has left me in the quandry.  Attend church and build relationships with others, which is much needed or spend time with Grandpa at the lake.  

Grandpa had other plans tenatively.  So we went to church.  Afterwards, I just wanted to be outside.  To just be away.  So I asked the kids, would an hour be enough.  Could you be satisfied with an hour, fish or no fish... ?  It was unanimous.  Grandpa isn't a go for an hour kind of fisherman.  We called him up and told him the plan.  He hesitated and then responded with, "Oh, why not?"  
I started the timer, but then was told it wasn't fair... start the timer once the lines are ready.  I laughed and said, if I delayed there would be incredible dilly dallying... more laughter. But I did stop the timer.  Silly me. Because I forgot to start when this girl had the
first line in...






But I did remember before the 
First catch: 


I think they got an extra 10 minutes 
Hoping to repeat the last trip... 3 catfish and 4 perch.

Lessons in fishing lines and reel problem solving. 

Avoiding his mother and the camera:


Without a fishing license, I look for beauty to capture and catch.  




A first for me.  I went to take a picture of these flowers and a hummingbird showed up!  I have never been this close to a hummingbird before. 

Sibling wars.  Brother took her spot so she found a new spot to rest! 

And back and forth it continued! 


It is amazing the joy and fun to be had in one hour.  
We played with the sky app on my phone.  My youngest with delight and excitement told me there is an angel !!  Sure enough: 

This constellation causes great laughter in my number 2 and 3 and me.  This week's rain has allowed the sky just to light up with starlight and I have called my #2 ande #3 outside to join me several times to just look up on the sky.  


An hour in fishing time is essentially 2 hours.  We kept to it.  I had predicted the time it would all come to an end and my younger two would make it to bed and sure enough that is what happened.  1 hour to fish, 1 hour to load up, to and from and then clean up and get ready for bed.  Oh, the smiles to be had...




No comments:

Post a Comment