My Amazon Store

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Things I am learning:

Psalm 146:3-5
Do not trust in princes,
In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.
His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;
In that very day his thoughts perish.
How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
Whose hope is in the Lord his God,

On my phone I scheduled these reminders:

  • "Don't put trust in mortals, in them there is no salvation"
  • "Happy are those whose help is God"
  • "Whose hope is in the Lord" PS146:5




It has been a season of hard.  Several months ago, I was struggling with calling to mind various Scriptures as needed throughout my days.  I was getting very frustrated with my memory.  Due to various memory issues that I have, I had been setting alarms for all sorts of things to help me get things done.  During one of those frustrations of mine, my alarm went off... and there it was, my answer to my heart's cry.  I started plugging into my phone's alarm settings various Scriptures and encouragements.  I really didn't know what time to schedule things, I just picked random times like 1:23pm and 11:07 am.  While I felt like I was picking crazy random times, it has been incredibly God orchestrated timing because I can't even begin to list off all the times my alarm went off and it was just before or in the midst of a moment when I so needed the reminder.

The above passage is especially important, because I need the reminder "How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, Whose hope is in the Lord his God."  I know people will fail.  I know people are just not always going to be available and God will never leave or forsake me, but I am in a lonely place...and I need reminding "happy are those who help is God."  I often find myself asking God for a human.  A human to talk with and He reminds me repeatedly, people will fail, He is Faithful.  I am not completely utterly alone, there are people, but there are a lot of heavy weighing decisions on my shoulders, a lot of heavy weighing burdens for me to carry.  These decisions and burdens leave me ultimately with only God to turn to, people can share opinions and perspectives but the final answers and choices are mine and mine alone.  As a mom, these answers and choices weigh so heavily on me, I continually have to remind myself God will never leave me or forsake me, that He can be trusted to be the same as yesterday, today and tomorrow.   And so, I set alarms.  I have 3 alarms, one for each line above, one minute apart every day to remind me...Some days, it is just like every day practice, these reminders, and on other days they direct my thoughts to Truth and help me stay focused on Him and His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment